LumBearJack Work Weekend
Thursday, November 6 at 1pm to Sunday, November 9 at 4pm
on The Land aka Amber Fox
Okay bears and lumberjacks, are you ready to fell one last tree and cuddle one last cub before winter sets in? Then join us once more on the Land aka AmBearFox.
Each day we will chop trees, cut firewood, clear brush, and just generally do butch, he-man sorts of jobs. Then each night we will make the most out of our last moments together on the Land in 2014.
There is plenty of room for tenting along the Path of the Snake and in the May Pole field. The cooler nights will encourage some to opt for snuggling in the Bunkhouse, and if it is very cold, the Departure Lounge and even the sauna can hold extra sleepers!
The weather may be chilly, so you should check the weather forecast before you pack.
Why is this called a "Work Weekend" not a "Gathering"?
- At a gathering, each of us is expected to help with a few chores each day. This being a work weekend, everyone who attends should plan on spending a chunk of the daylight hours working on major projects (e.g. collecting/chopping firewood, finishing the Meditation Lookout), or in support activities (e.g. cleaning, cooking, dishes).
- At a gathering, the suggested purse contribution is $25 per night. For this weekend, the suggestion is $10 per night ($30 for the full weekend). No one is turned away for lack of funds, but we ask that you contribute something, even if you can only afford a few dollars per night. It is also helpful if you can make your contribution when you arrive, so it can be used for shopping.
- Meat. Yep, meat! This is your one official Amber Fox event where the Erection will be filled with the scents of bacon and brisket, the squeals of the soon-to-be-supper, and the sparkling crimson jet of the severed carotid. We few vegetarians will be hiding under the table in the corner, quietly nibbling our lettuce & rice cakes, and hoping that the livestock holds out.
- No morning circles. We will plan the next day at each dinner circle.
- No organized daytime recreational activities.
But don't be thinking this weekend will be all work! 'Cuz you know da Fae like to partay, so after the dinner dishes are done, be prepared!