Friday October 9th at 1pm to Monday October 12th at 4pm
on The Land aka Amber Fox
on The Land aka Amber Fox
For those who have been to a gathering on the Land aka Amber Fox before, you will know what to expect:
- crisp autumn days
- Saturday night's Know Talent Show
- communal gourmet vegetarian meals, including Sunday's Thanksgiving feast!
- heart circles
- dressing up at the Foxy Boutique
- magick & ritual
- working in fellowship with your fae kin
- partying in the Departure Lounge
- meditating in the nearly-completed Meditation Saucer
- trip to the market
- anything the fae heart can imagine!
Remember, there are no paid staff here. Everything that manifests depends on faerie volunteer energy, and contributions to the purse:
- washing dishes, preparing meals, planning events, chopping wood, mowing lawns, tidying and cleaning, repairs, new construction ... it's all up to us
- but the work becomes play when shared with your fae friends!
- the Purse relies on donations for the food we eat, fuel for the pump & lawn mowers, propane for the fridge & stove, insurance, candles, paper products, and all our other mundane needs
- the suggested contribution is $25 per night, more if you can or less if you can't, and no one is turned away for lack of funds
- we ask that everyone contribute some cash, even if you can only afford five or ten dollars per night
- it is also helpful if you can make your contribution when you arrive at the gathering, so that it can be used at the next shopping trip
There is plenty of room for tenting along the Path of the Snake and in the May Pole field. There is also room for some to sleep in the Bunkhouse (though this is on a first-come first-served basis and space is limited). Make sure you bring a warm sleeping bag or plenty of blankets! If the weather is very cold, the Departure Lounge and even the sauna can become snuggly sleeping quarters.
If this is your first faerie event, or your first visit to the Land aka Amber Fox:
- you can learn more about the Land aka Amber Fox by browsing the website
- you might find this post about What to Bring to a Gathering useful
- you can find out more about Radical Faeries from radfae.org
This event is for gay and queer men.
If you are a member of our Facebook Group, you can RSVP to the Facebook Event. Otherwise, please email to obtain directions and contact information.
Dragon is unable to attend this gathering because he will be in Ottawa helping out with a ToTo Too Theatre production. The play is Love! Valour! Compassion!, and a number of fae folk will be going to see the show the night before the gathering begins. And not just because it features full frontal nudity! ;)
If you would like to join the group, you can order your tickets online and meet at the theatre before the show on Thursday, October 8th. Visit Toto Too Theatre's website for information about the show.