Hey fae ones,
We could do this on the land, right?
Friday, March 06, 2015
Friday May 1st at 1pm to Sunday May 3rd at 4pm
on The Land aka Amber Fox
on The Land aka Amber Fox
The Beltane gathering on the Land aka Amber Fox is a gender and orientation inclusive event. The Land hosts gatherings for gay and queer men at other times of the year.
Some activities are already scheduled:
- Friday 7pm - Opening Circle
- Friday after dinner - Bel Fyre Ritual (help plan this event)
- Saturday evening - Know Talent Show
- Can you sing, dance, recite a poem or play an instrument? If so, we would love to have you join us on stage!
- A bit shy but want to try? Talk to the show's organizers and they will be sure to find a suitable role for you.
- The Foxy Boutique has been re-stocked, so come browse for that perfect costume for the show - or maybe a snazzy little frock for dinner.
- More of a watcher than a performer? An appreciative audience is the other essential ingredient for this ever-popular event.
- Sunday 11am - May Pole Ritual (help plan this event)
- Sunday 3pm - Closing Circle
The rest is up to us: crafts, saunas, mud wrestling, face painting, ritual & magick, drumming & meditation, anything we can imagine or desire. The activities depend entirely on what those who attend are willing and able to organize.
The play is shared and so is the work. There are no paid staff on the Land, so everyone needs to help out with a few chores each day to make the gathering go smoothly. Washing dishes, preparing meals, chopping wood, tidying and cleaning, repairs, new construction ... it's all up to us. But the work becomes play when shared with your fae friends!
Chat with us on Facebook if you have any meal ideas or want to help out.
As well as help with the chores that keep the Land going, we rely on contributions to the Purse for food, fuel for the pump & lawn mowers, propane for the fridge & stove, paint, materials for repairs, paper products and all our other mundane needs.
We use an honour system with a suggested contribution of $25 per night, more if you can or less if you can't. For example, if you are coming for the whole gathering (2 nights) we suggest a $50 contribution. No one is turned away for lack of funds, but we ask that everyone contribute some cash, even if you can only afford a few dollars per night. It is also helpful if you can make your contribution when you arrive at the gathering, so that it can be used at the next shopping trip.
If you are a member of our Facebook Group, you can RSVP to the Facebook Event. Otherwise, please email to let us know that you are coming.